Saturday, March 15, 2008

Virgil's gonna keep me busy...

I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I decided to chronicle the myriad ways in which Virgil Goode (has there ever been given a more egregiously appropriate misnomer?) fucks up. It's not just a matter of the sheer volume (overwhelming would be the generous - to V.G. - description)... No... It's the emotional toll involved. One can only take so much before beginning to lose faith in the process...

How does this guy get elected? Who votes for him?

It's been about two weeks since my last substantive post on March 3rd...

In that time:

Bad Virgil voted in favor of torture. (I still cannot quite grasp that the United States has fallen so low that we allow our elected representatives to vote in favor of Inquisitorial tactics...)

Scored 1/2 of an "F" in the Drum Major Institute's rating of legislators with regards to how they voted in terms of supporting the middle class. Bad Virgil voted against the middle class 80% of the time. Stunning.

Bad Virgil voted against desperately needed ethics reform in the House. Gee... I wonder why?

to be continued....

No comments: